When to see a specialist for allergies

Eugene Pediatric Associates treats many children with allergies. If necessary, we may recommend that your child see a specialist. Indications that your child should see a specialist may include:

  • Suspected food allergy.
  • Severe allergic reaction.
  • Allergy symptoms that cannot be alleviated by over-the-counter or prescription medications.
  • Child needs allergy shots.
  • After hospitalization for severe asthma or food anaphylaxis.

An allergist may be a helpful member of your child’s allergy healthcare team if your child needs allergy shots, oral food desensitization, or struggles with difficult-to-manage allergies and/or asthma.


More about this topic
Filter by
Post Page
Sort by


Allergies often appear during infancy or childhood and afflict as many as 15 percent of Americans. Fortunately, there are many ways to decrease your child’s allergy symptoms. Schedule an appointment to talk with us about your child’s allergy symptoms.