When to see a specialist for asthma

Eugene Pediatric Associates treats many children with asthma. If necessary, we may recommend that your child see a specialist. Indications that your child should see an allergist or pulmonologist may include:

  • Hospitalization for severe asthma.
  • Recurrent emergency visits.
  • Suspected food or environmental allergies.
  • Poor response or intolerance to asthma medications.
  • Recurrent pneumonia.
  • Multiple courses of oral steroids.


More about this topic
Filter by
Post Page
Sort by


The third leading cause of child hospitalizations, asthma is one of the most common chronic diseases afflicting children in the United States. It is also one of the top reasons why children miss school and make trips to the pediatrician, urgent care and emergency room.