Child care centers
Child care centers are usually larger facilities staffed by multiple child care providers. Some have separate rooms arranged by age or developmental stage.
Advantages may include:
- The presence of many caregivers to watch over your child.
- Reliable hours and a socially stimulating environment.
- Protection offered by the state review process.
- School-like learning opportunities.
- Trained professionals with child development training.
Disadvantages may include:
- Greater exposure to sick children, inherent with large groups.
- Exclusion when your child is sick.
- Inflexible hours, scheduled hours.
*It is important to note that these pros and cons may not apply to the center you are considering, so be sure to do your homework.