A nanny is a person who cares for your child exclusively. Modern nannies may live with you or not, depending on your circumstances.
Advantages may include:
- Flexibility in designing your nanny’s hours.
- Complete attention given to your child.
- Having someone to care for your sick child in the comfort of his own home.
- Decreased exposure to germs.
- Having them become a member of the extended family.
Disadvantages may include:
- Panic when the nanny is ill.
- Variability in quality, qualifications of applicants.
*It’s important to note that these pros and cons may not apply to the nanny you’re considering, so be sure to do your homework.